The Smart Step-Family Class is perfect for those preparing to marry and adults already in a blended family. This class runs January 13th through February 3rd on Sunday mornings from 11:00am-12:30pm. It is a free class with free childcare.
Don’t Miss This Great Class!
Living in a step-family or blended family can be a challenge to your marriage, to your kids and step-kids, and definitely to your peace of mind! Today the step-family or blended family represents 40-50% of all family units. You’re not alone. Statistics indicate that a staggering two-thirds of second marriage step-families end in divorce! We want to help.
Step-family issues are definitely not the same as first-time marriage concerns. Most of us just want to experience God’s love and joy in our lives. But how do you make this blended family thing work? God has a plan! Psalm 37:5 says, “Commit your way to the Lord, trust in Him, and He will act.” This class will offer you:
- Understanding of the stages of blending a family.
- Root causes of pain and disharmony in step families.
- Ideas for overcoming feelings of guilt, discouragement, or even wanting to give up.
- A plan for moving toward acceptance of family members you did not choose.
- Key issues in building a healthy re-marriage, caring for his/her/our kids, and honoring God in a blended family context.
- A safe place for confidential discussion and connection with others who understand what you’re going through.
BOOKS FOR THIS CLASS:
Participant Guide will be available for $8 first day of class, or feel free to order books from your favorite distributor.
“The Smart Stepfamily” (revised 2014 edition) by Ron Deal ISBN # 978-0-7642-1206-2
“The Smart Stepfamily Participant Guide” by Ron Deal ISBN # 978-0-7642-1207-9
Susan Park has been a stepmom for 30 years. She currently offers free weekly Step Mom Meetups, as well as Coaching for couples or step moms seeking success for their blended family. Questions? Fill out our contact form. No registration required.